Tuesday 10 November 2009

NEW BIRD FOR THE GARDEN



My wife and I were watching Blackbirds scrapping in the garden on Saturday last, when suddenly, the above bird appeared within a couple of metres of our kitchen window. At first I thought it was a Goldcrest but then we clearly saw the white eyestripe - A FIRECREST. It just shows that you should keep looking. It is the first we have seen in the garden in the 45 years we have been living here. I have seen them elsewhere in Staffordshire but never as close to home as this one was.

Since posting the above, my wife now tells me that she saw one in our front garden on the roses many years ago (I can hardly remember when we had roses in the front garden). I always knew she had better eyesight than me - now I know she has a better memory too.

Bevan

1 comment:

Nat and Baileys the Goldie said...

I am ever so slightly jealous!
Nat x